Men's Underwear Styles
Men's Underwear Styles
Even though the underwear is hidden most of the time, that doesn’t negate the role of your undergarment. Men, in general, avoid exploring the possibilities and are in a habit of sticking to the usual style of underneath article. However, over the past few years, the intimate apparel industry has seen a lot of progress. The classic debate over ‘boxer versus brief’ has now shifted to the usability of the sexy styles of men’s underwear. People these days are open to discussing the skivvies like lace underwear and pouch underwear for men which were earlier considered a taboo and stigma.
The underwear industry for men is now flooded with choices that range from the classic styles of boxer briefs and boxer shorts to the radically aesthetic men’s thongs, g-strings, and even c-string. It won’t be wrong to state that this is one category of men’s apparel, which initially held the reputation of clothing that just covers the genital, has come a long way to being an essential staple for defining your overall style quotient.
History of men’s underwear
- According to historians, The intimate category of men’s apparel saw a major development in early 3000 BC when leather loincloth was introduced. This was the first time when men were observed wearing anything other than a fig leave to cover up their privates. This remained in the trend for several years. The only change was in terms of fabric used in making these apparel.
- A Variation on the loincloth seems to have persisted when loose-fitting trousers called the braises came into fashion. The trousers tied at the waist and thighs were a vogue into the middle ages. These were later upgraded into codpieces in the 16th century. These underneath apparel were a fashion statement and usually came in bright colours and with padded contraptions.
- The fitted knee-length apparel that men wore beneath their pants were not very comfy. This led to the invention of the elastic waistband in the year 1925 and this led to the development of boxer shorts. Thus, underwear for men become much more resilient and supportive.
- ‘Look good... Feel good... Be twice the man in Y-front’, was the quote that described the very first men’s brief. This came in as a pleasant surprise for the male population who needed something lot more supportive down there.
- However, it is lesser-known fact that boxer shorts were not the very first invention in the men’s underwear industry. Jockstraps were invented way before in the late 1800s. This skivvy style was specifically invented to provide comfort and support to the cyclists.
- Pioneered by the designer, John Varvatos, boxer briefs were introduced in the year 1990. Combining the length of the boxers and the snug fit of brief, this underneath article took the entire industry by storm. The aesthetically revolutionary underneath article is till date the most used style.
It should be noted that the days when the choice of men’s underwear was simple and limited are long gone. Despite the fact, the underwear is a lesser talked about subject in menswear, the options available in this category these days are ample. The list includes
- Boxer Briefs
Here’s a brief sneak peek into the different aspects of the various styles of men’s underwear.
The boxer shorts were initially introduced in 1925 and was known as ‘shorts for boxers’. This was the first time when elastic waistbands were used in the undies. Even though it took some time to gain popularity, the underwear style is true to its namesake. Inspired by the actual boxers, the skivvy extends a few inches above the knees. However, they lacked the support that the union suits offered. The problem of bunching and riding up highlighted the need of undergarment that fitted the body snugly. However, the baggy style kept everything airy and comfy.
- Despite the change in the need and preference of men as well as the presence of several underwear styles, boxers are of the most popular underneath article till date. However, modern boxers are mostly designed in form-fitting styles that hug the wearer snugly.
- Mostly boxer shorts used to have a fly opening in front. Some of the undies had metal snaps while others had buttons. However, the trends have changed and the modern designs do not have fastening mechanism to close up the fly.
Lace Boxer:The masculine style combined with the tender touch of lace is for all those who like to push the boundary of their style. Keeping the wearer bang on trend, the flimsy fabric keeps the crotch airy and dry all day long.
Sheer Boxer:Taking the conventional underneath article to the new height of sensuality, the sheer boxers for men allows you to flaunt a lot of skin. With the same support, these boxers add a voluptuous edge to your sex appeal.
Pouch Enhancing boxers:The undies provide enhancement contraption to the wearer. The pouch lifts the manhood and enhances the visibility of the manhood. Unlike the padded underwear, these skivvies provide natural-looking bulge.
- The first and foremost advantage of the baggy boxers is the fact that they are extremely comfortable. The loose fit allows airflow. With ample ventilation, underwear is a perfect option for everyday use.
- The traditional undies with a touch modern pouch enhancing technology elevate the position of the entire package. The abrasion-free pouch reduces chafing and sweat secretion. As sweat retention reduces, skin problems such as rashes, itchiness, and irritation reduce gradually.
- Along with comfort, the contemporary styles boxer shorts even offer the best support to the manhood.
- Boxer till date is one the most used men’s underwear style. Wear it at your workplace or for any sort or a party of get-together.
- If you like to keep things romantic in your bedroom, then, the sheer boxers are an apt option for you. While the lace boxers can help you flaunt your kink side.
- Above all, a comfy style is a perfect option for the laid back evenings and weekend plans.
Inspired by bathing suits, the Y-shaped snug-fit undies were introduced in the year 1930s. The practical approach and the form-fitting style took over the market in no time. Unlike the boxer shorts, the underneath article held the genital in a relatively fixed position. The increased support and alluring appeal have occupied a section of the top drawer of every man since then. In the 1980s, the conventional undies were upgraded to fashion briefs. This was marked by the presence of bright colours and flashy prints.
- Tight briefs have always been blamed for infertility in men. However, it is not the underwear cut that leads to the medical issue. Choosing the wrong size and incorrect fit of undies lead to squashing which ultimately causes low sperm count.
- The subtly sexy apparel covers the entire rear and package but leaves the upper thighs and the side of the leg for the show. Thus, the undies provide the much-needed sex appeal, but without going over-the-top.
- Men’s briefs are available in low, mid and high rise cut. Thus, you can make your choice according to the style of your bottoms.
- Despite the fact that the comparison between boxers and briefs seem to be never-ending, the experts sum up by saying that the low sperm count is an aftereffect of overheating of testicles. The underneath articles that bundle the package too close to the body of the wearer raises the temperature of the same. Thus, both the styles are equally good, if the right size is chosen.
High-rise brief:This is the traditional style of the brief that sits right below the belly button and above the natural waistline. Worn with high rise pants and jeans, it hugs the package and pulls it up.
Mid-rise brief:As the name suggests, the mid-rise briefs for men sit in between the low-high and high-rise briefs. With the same support and comfort, it is a much versatile option for those who don’t like their waistband popping out of the trouser.
Low-rise brief:This style was introduced in the year 1990s when low-rise jeans and trousers came in fashion. Sitting way below the waistline of the wearer, the underwear prevents sagging.
Lace brief:With the aim of catering to the wildest fantasies of men, fashion connoisseur has stylized the traditional undies with a contemporary fabric. Lace briefs for men are one such option that can help you flaunt your wild side without negotiating comfort.
Sheer brief:The see-through styles of the briefs provide a teasing glimpse of your skin. You need not change your underwear style in order to stay on-trend.
- The snug-fit style and the high cut of men’s brief provide easy leg movement. The undies are a practical option for long working hours as they maintain the air circulation in the crotch area.
- The briefs, these days are designed with modern technology. It keeps the package together and away from the body. This prevents your boys from clashing and reduces the possibility of chafing and other related problems.
- It not is mentioned that this versatile underwear style is perfect for all occasion, event and season. You can wear them at your workplace. The high cut will keep it breezy while the contouring pouch will keep the junk together.
- For the date nights, you have better options than the conventional briefs. The see-through or lace briefs can entice your partner with the teasing glance of your skin.
- The supportive styles of the appealing briefs are perfect for getaways and adventures trips. Even though the boxer briefs are preferred options for vigorous physical activities, the formal one can complete your ensemble.
Men's Boxer Briefs
Boxer briefs came into existence in the year 1990. The boxers were comfy but lagged the much-needed support. Moreover, the loose fit led to bunching up of fabric. On the other hand, with the snug-fit of traditional briefs, comfort suffered to some extent. This led to the evolution of something that had the positives of both the best-selling men’s underwear styles. The underwear style, pioneered by John Varvatos, is considered as one of the ‘greatest apparel revolutions of the century’.
- Boxer briefs are a great choice if you’re looking for an alternative that provides both styles as well as comfort. The, also known as, ‘manly’ pair of underwear hugs the body of the wearer snugly. The anatomical pouch offers a great deal of support and makes your groin look larger.
- The functional underneath apparel provides a broader space for the male anatomy to breathe freely. The pouch of traditional undies kept the genital somewhere in between the thigh. This led to squashing, chafing and other such issues. The anatomically correct design of boxer brief is till date the most recommended option for those who seek comfort, support as well as freedom down there.
- The form-fitting style of the undies covers the 1/3rd portion of the thighs without bunching or riding up. The functional underwear style beats the other underwear styles.
Low-rise boxer brief:This underwear style sits below the natural waistline of the wearer. Thus, it can be donned with your low rise jeans.
Cheeky Boxer:This is the cheekiest style of boxer that you’ll find. With the traditional support and conventional coverage in the front, the underwear provides a teasing glimpse of your buttocks.
- As mentioned above, boxer briefs were invented to provide the positives of two of the most used underwear styles, that is, briefs and boxers. The skivvy style provides both body-hugging fit and ultimate support.
- The traditional boxers with loose fit would ride up the pants of the wearer. The snug fit boxer briefs reduce this problem. The possibility of twisting and bunching reduced making it an apt option to be paired with even the skinniest jeans as well as trousers.
- Along with the much-needed comfort and support, the versatile boxer briefs work under all types of clothes and can be worn on any occasion.
- This athletic style is particularly a functional option for workouts and other athletic activities. The boxer briefs are considered to be one of the best alternates for the traditional jockstraps.
- Boxer briefs are an alternative for the sporty jockstrap. If the revealing rear of the jockstraps embarrasses you at the locker room, then, these supportive undies are a perfect option for you.
- Whether you are heading for trekking or any other adventurous trip, this underwear style is a staple for you.
The trunk has been used as swimwear for men since the 1940s. This underneath article replaced the bulkier swimsuits that covered the torso. These apparel were heavy as well as hot and hence the stylish cut of trunk came in as a pleasant surprise for the style-conscious male population.
The trunk features loose fit undies mostly worn for sports purpose by boxers and swimmers. However, over the past few decades, this style has been accepted as one of the most functional, yet stylish men’s underwear. The trunk underwear is now designed to fit the wearer snugly.
- Despite being in the underneath apparel for a very long time, the trunks celebrated their heyday in the 1990s. After tasting success in the swimwear category, it later turned out to be a staple in the underwear drawer of every man who has higher regards for comfort and support along with style.
- The modern trunks offer a bit more coverage than the boxer briefs. However, support and comfort are as good as any other underwear style. The pouch of the underwear style is designed to keep your package away from the body of the wearer.
- In Australia, the trunk is used to describe swim briefs.
Sports Trunk:Other than the swim trunk, you’ll even find a range of sports trunk that offers the support and lifts to the manhood while undergoing any sort of physical activity. Most of these undies are made up of mesh cotton fabric that keeps it airy. So, the irritation of sweaty crotch is not a problem anymore.
Shaping Trunk:Some of the pieces in this category are perfect shapewear apparel that can help you stay in shape. The compression shorts are made of airy fabric that keeps you airy while redefining your personality.
- The versatile piece can be worn as swimwear as well as underwear.
- The supportive and comfy underneath apparel is perfect for every occasion and purpose. Whether you’re having fun at the beach or you are heading for an early morning jog.
- The shaping trunks are a cozy way of staying in shape. The sleek style can be worn with your formal or casual wear. It slips in with any of the shirt or t-shirts without the visible linings.
- This underneath apparel is best for sports and water adventures. You can even don it at your next beach outing or pool party.
- The form-fitting styles of trunk underwear can be used as everyday wear as well. Pair it with your trouser or pants and it will keep you cozy at the workplace.
- The full coverage and relaxed pattern are ideal for spending some ‘me’ time at home. Wear the stylish, yet comfy pair of underwear and enjoy your laid back weekend.
The jockstrap underwear has been in use since 1888 and for good reason. The invention of bicycles highlighted the need for underwear that would prevent the cyclist from the saddle sore. Jockstraps offered less restriction and offered more support. Not only this, the pouch of the underwear featured protective cups. Initially, these cups were made of hard plastic or steel, perforated for ventilation. The heavy material was protective, but inconvenient and led to overheating of testicles. Later the protective shield was made of soft and flexible material. In the recent past, this style has shifted gears and have become an erotic piece for the pleasure purpose. The fashion jockstraps are designed to bring the male genital forward.
- The cheeky style of men’s jockstrap covers and supports the front, but leaves nothing to the imagination at the back. This keeps breezy down there while you’re working out or undergoing any sort of strenuous activity.
- The revealing back gives this style an edge over all the other undies. However, ample support in the front makes it one of the most prominent options for rigorous physical activity.
- Some jockstraps are athletic and fashionable at the same time. The racy style, sensual details and body-defining fabric of the fashion jockstrap can spice up your intimate affairs. The variant handsomely highlights the masculinity and gracefully pleases the sense.
Athletic Jockstrap:The jerk-resistant cup of the underwear finds the support from the built-to-last waistband and straps. Made of lightweight and high-end fabric, these undies serves the practical purpose of keeping your crotch dry.
Fashion jockstrap:The revealing cuts coupled with zestful patterns, the underneath articles can give you a steaming hot look. The fashion jocks are a modish alternative to conventional style for special occasions. This collection of these undies ranges from feminine lace jockstraps for men to the see-through sheer and mesh jockstrap.
- Jockstraps, initially, offered cups that acted as a protective shield for your manhood. However, modern jocks provides natural contraptions. The pouch elevates the manhood and keeps it in an elevated position. Thus, the well-constructed undies protect the privates without the inconvenience of pads.
- The anatomical pouch enhances the visibility of the front profile. The straps at the back add to the support and keep everything in the right place.
- The rear aids ventilation and keeps it breezy by allowing free airflow. Thus, the undergarment makes sure that the scrotum is dry, no matter what you’re doing.
- The sports jock will accompany you from early morning jogs to the workout sessions. It is specifically designed for athletic personalities. Whether you’re on the soccer field or at the gym, these undies can protect and pamper your manhood.
- The erotic barely-there apparel can even accompany you for the date night. The supportive, yet outrageous undergarment counts for your fashion-forward profile on special occasions.
- The fast-drying fabric and the package boosting pouch will provide you with the much-desired lift as well as comfort while hiking or trekking. Boxer briefs and jockstraps are two of the best options for such adventurous outings.
In the era of boxer briefs and men’s brief, bikinis for men was like a rare bird. The underwear style was introduced in the year 1942. After gaining a lot of popularity among women in the 20th century, the erotic style of the underneath article was usually used in the swimwear category of men. However, with time it has become popular as men’s underwear.
- Bikinis for men is considered a sensual version of men’s brief. This underwear style offers the same fitted look and support as that of the traditional briefs. However, it was skimpier than the former.
- This style of the underneath article was initially used as swimwear. Later it became one of the best sellers in men’s underwear category.
- This is one of the best options for men who are looking for sex appeal with going over-the-top.
String Bikini:This is the skimpiest bikini available in the intimate apparel category. The skivvy style features a tiny front pouch to hold the entire package together. While the string waistband and revealing rear allow the wearer to flaunt a lot of skin.
Brazilian Bikini:The Brazilian cut was initially popular in the category of women panties. The Brazilian bikinis for men rear cut while the front may feature the usual style. The fabric at the back of this underwear cut stretches a bit to provide more coverage than thongs. The amount of skin that this underneath article style ranges somewhere between a thong and a bikini.
Bikini Brief:The bikini briefs are skimpier than the conventional briefs. The waistband lies below the natural waistline of the wearer and allows a lot of skin show. Keeping the coverage minimal, the undies keep the sex appeal to the next level. However, the underwear offers the support that matches the traditional undies.
Micro Bikini:This is one of the sexiest options for all those who like to keep it sleek down there. The skimpy cut and revealing patterns of the undies can tantalize the wild side of your personality. The waistband of micro bikinis rests at or below the natural waistline of the wearer. This can get you rid of the waistband popping out of the trouser. It won’t be wrong to state that micro bikinis for men are an ideal option when you are looking for style without revealing your assets.
- The versatile style of underwear offers many benefits. Men’s bikini underwear is perfect for work and pleasure. This is one contemporary style that can be used for occasions as well as daily wear.
- While most men still hesitate in trying the skimpy cuts like men’s thong and g-strings, bikinis are a safe option for them. It can give you the band on-trend look without revealing much skin down there.
- Along with the much-needed sex appeal, these underneath apparel offers comfort and support at par.
- This is one of the most versatile underwear styles that you can sport at work as well as for casual spree. The conventional bikinis are an apt option for long working hours. With the top-notch support and skimpy cut, the underwear holds the package and keeps it breezy.
- For parties and other casual occasions, the sexy, yet functional styles of pouch bikini underwear is ideal. The pouch elevates the position of your genital and accentuates the visibility of the front profile. Thus, you can bring the entire attention in the right place.
- The string bikinis and the micro bikini can raise the temperature of the date night without revealing unnecessary skin. So, you can now turn on your partner without going over-the-board.
The early 1980s saw a radical change in underneath article industry for men. This was the time when one of the sexiest underneath apparel, that is, men’s thong underwear was invented. Despite the fact, the thongs are considered as a predecessor of traditional loincloth, the underwear style took some time to enter the wardrobe of the male population. Having gained popularity as a women apparel, thongs for men was earlier a taboo. Considered as a feminine style, the underneath apparel has become a staple for all the fashion-conscious men.
- With ample coverage in the front, the rear features nothing more than a tiny fabric that just covers the butt crack.
- The sexy apparel feature not fabric at the back, thus, it has no underwear line.
- The contemporary undies feature special abrasion-free pouch that elevates the position of the manhood. This enhances the visibility of the front profile and provides a natural accentuation.
Lace thong:The combination of the thong with see-through lace is deadly. The revealing pattern of the thong with the fragile touch of lace fabric can effortlessly boost a lot of sex appeal to your personality.
Sports thong:Some of the designers like Agacio offers a range of thong that features a flair of an athletic look. The pouch of these undies offer extra support to the junk and allows you to trigger your wild side without compromising the sporty personality.
Brazilian thong:The Brazilian cut at the back of the underwear allows a bit more than expected. The barely-there underwear is for the male population who just settle with anything ordinary.
Sheer thong:Men’s thong crafted in the transparent sheer fabric leaves little to nothing to the imagination. The extremely revealing undergarment is for all those who dare to go bold.
- The incredibly sexy apparel let you flaunt your derriere. With minimal coverage, the undies will shoot the sex appeal through the roof. Thongs are perfect for men who seek minimal coverage and ample support.
- Other than the much-needed support, the skimpy underwear style is a practical option for keeping your manhood dry and comfy even during the hottest day. At the same time, it can even effortlessly raise the temperature of the date night.
- No fabric at the back leads to no nasty underwear line. You can now don your skinniest jeans without worrying about the visible line. Moreover, the undies feature a thin and sleek waistband that spares you the embarrassment of popping waistband.
- It is a better option for men as it makes laundry a cinch for the lazy fellows. Not only this, the thongs are even a better alternative for going commandos.
- The ultra-sexy men’s thong is perfect apparel for pleasure purpose. So, whether you are heading for a romantic getaway or a dinner date, these undies will make sure that you don’t leave any chance to tease your partner.
- If the sweaty crotch due to long working hours at the workplace is bothering, then, a solution for you. Keeping the coverage to bare minimal, the underneath articles wicks away the moisture and helps you stay dry all day long.
- The sports thong can even accompany you at the gym. The pouch of these skivvies keep the package together, but away from the proximity of the body. This reduces chafing, sticking and squashing.
G-strings are considered as the skimpier version of thong underwear. These underwear styles were incorporated into the vocabulary of women’s underwear the 1980s. However, with time men got body and style-conscious. With the change in taste and preference, it gained popularity in the early 2000s.
- Just like thongs, g-strings for men covers absolutely nothing at the back. However, the front offers ample support to the boys of the wearer.
- There are a lot of saying regarding the name of the underwear. Some say that it is named after the g-string of a guitar. While according to Wikipedia, in the 19th century, the word g-string was used for a loincloth. In the opinion of linguist Robert Hendrickson, the letter ‘G’ stands for the groin.
- The feminine style of an underneath article with a touch of machismo can give a contrasting combination to the masculinity of the wearer.
See-through g-strings:The men’s g-string underwear crafted in the see-through sheer fabric is not for the faint hearts. Covering nothing at all down there, the underneath article can effortlessly spice up your intimacy.
Lace g-strings:Are you battling stress? The soft fabric and breezy cut of the sensual underwear can put you at ease. The men’s lingerie gives a good confidence boost by taking your sex appeal to the next level.
Pouch enhancing g-strings:The non-traditional underwear is designed with modern technology. Unlike the padded and push-up underwear, these undies provide natural enhancement contraption. The anatomical pouch provides wearer-specific isolation, the underwear enhances the visibility of the front profile.
- The sleek style is not just a sensual experience for you, but it will even be eye-candy for your partner. Put up a great show on a special night and keep everything excited in your intimate affairs.
- Just like any other skimpy style, the barely-there undies provide air circulation and keeps the crotch breezy and dry. Thus, it serves a practical purpose for every man who suffers from sweaty manhood.
- Along with ample support and comfort, the anatomically correct pouch enhances the visibility and accentuate the profile. So, you can now bring the entire attention at the rightful place.
- This underneath apparel was specifically used for the pleasure purpose. It continues to be a staple for all those prefer keeping everything spicy in their relation. The provoking glimpse of the asset can take the sex appeal to the next level.
- The seamless underwear can be teamed up with a variety of outfit and can be even worn on a formal occasion. Paring them with your office attire or even tuxedo will get you rid of the prominent problem of the visible underwear line.
C-string underwear for men are as narrow as g-strings, but it comes without the support of the string waistband. The awe-striking style of the undergarment made people rethink who thought that thongs were unnecessary revealing. Initially, launched for women, the undergarment has caught the attention of fashion-savvy men in the past decade. The underneath article was earlier known as ‘Invisible underwear’.
- The c-shaped undergarment is in the shape of a headband. The entire structure slips right in between the legs of the wearer and appears to be floating in the air. The C-shape of the underwear ensures that it sticks to the body.
- The men’s c-string underwear has a cup-shaped pouch that holds the package together. It finds it’s supported in between the butt-cheek of the wearer. The internal frame holds everything lifted and keeps it in the right position.
- The entire structure is self-supportive and covers the essentials of the wearer. The pouch accommodates the male anatomy without any unwanted strap.
- The erotic undies are tailored for experiencing the sexiness and best intimacy. The outrageously revealing apparel will leave your partner asking for more on the date night.
- The sexy garment is very comfy, but not in the beginning. However, once you get used to it, you can wear it on every occasion. Just make sure that the wire is tight against the body between the cheeks.
- C-string is an ideals style of men’s underwear for tanning. So, whether you’re sunbathing in your backyard or at an exotic location, this will prevent the tan lines.
- The invisible underneath article provides the coverage where you need it the most, rest everything is left for the show. So, you can wear it on any occasion. Just make sure that you pair it with a tight trouser or jeans, so that, the c-string stay in the right place.
Men's Underwear Fabrics
Earlier, cotton was the only fabric used in making undergarments. However, with changing preference and technological advancements, the underwear industry for men has seen a lot of innovation in terms of fabric. There are a plethora of options in this category. Some of the most used fabrics are mentioned below.
These are blended with spandex in the right proportion to ensure quality, comfort, and durability along with ample flexibility. Lycra, Elastane are specifically used to add stretchiness to the fabric of the undergarment.
Here's a brief discussion about the various fabric options in the underwear category for men.
Considered as the king of fabrics, the natural fibre is one of the most used fabric in the men’s underwear industry. This was, in fact, the only fabric used in making the underneath apparel for a very long time. However, the last couple of decades has seen a plethora of options in this category.
Properties of Cotton
- Cotton is very soft and lightweight. Thus, the underneath clothing made up of this fibre is comfortable.
- The fabric has tiny pores that allow you to breathe well. Keeping the ventilation and air circulation to the next level, cotton underwear provides a comfy feel down there.
- Cotton has high absorbency and is moisture resistant. Thus, it can keep you dry even during the hottest day of Summer.
- The fabric is stronger when wet than dry. Moreover, it can withstand heat, detergent and even bleach. This ensures the durability of the underneath article. However, it is more prone to shrinkage if not treated properly.
Best wearing condition
- The undies crafted in high-quality cotton is perfect for all occasion, event and season. However, the fibre is slow drying, so, washing it is sometimes inconvenient during Winter. Fabrics like silk and wool is a preferred option for this season.
- Use of cotton underwear should be avoided while exercising as they may lead to abrasion. Nylon is a better option on such an occasion.
Nylon is the best alternative for cotton. It is a generic designation of the family of synthetic polymers. Derived from diamine and dicarboxylic acid, the polyamide fibre is the second most used fabric in the underwear industry for men.
- The strength of the nylon makes the undergarments made of this fabric durable. The tenacity of nylon is not gone even with age.
- The colour retention property of nylon provides it with an edge over cotton. The fabric retains colours of the clothing even after multiple washes.
- The smooth texture of the fabric has excellent abrasion-resistant. This is the reason why it is used in swimwear and swim costumes.
- The heat conductivity of the fibre depends on the constructions. However, it still disallows the heat to pass through it, thus, keeps the wearer warm during the cold season.
- Nylon has low absorbency and hence dries quickly. This makes the nylon underwear perfect for those who suffer from the sweaty crotch.
Best wearing condition
- Nylon underwear is best for hitting the gym or for other rigorous exercises. These undies will dry easily keeping you dry. This will even reduce the possibility of crotch rot due to moisture retention.
- This is even a preferred option for water adventures and beach outing. The swimsuit crafted in nylon will keep your manhood cozy and abrasion-free when you take a plunge into the water.
There is no fabric softer than modal in the undergarment category for men. This material is around 50% more water-absorbent than cotton. Modal is a type of rayon and the second generation regenerated cellulosic fibre.
- Modal is the softest fabric in the world. This pretty much explains it’s significance in the men’s underwear industry. The undies made of this fibre can keep you cozy all day long.
- Despite the soft and silky feel, the material wear-resistant and strong. This is one fabric that has very high wet strength, thus, it can even withstand machine wash and can be tumble dried. Even after multiple washes, the material stays absorbent, soft and supple.
- Modal is often blended with cotton and other synthetic fibres. It even allows easy dyeing.
Best wearing condition
- This is a perfect option for Summer wear. The lightweight fabric can keep you dry and cozy during the hot and humid weather.
- It can be used for everyday use. However, avoid wearing them during workouts and other athletic activities.
- Even though the wet strength is an alluring property of the fabric, this is not an apt option for the bikini season. Nylon and polyester are some of the preferred options for the fun-filled season.
Rayon has many properties similar to cotton and other natural fibres. This was a commonly used fabric in summer clothing for both men and women. It is now being used in making underwear for men as well.
- Just like cotton, rayon is comfortable, airy and moisture absorbent. Thus, the undies made up of this fabric is a perfect choice to deal with excessive sweating and problems related to it.
- What makes it versatile is the fact that it can be easily dyed in vivid colours. This has made the introduction of some jazzy and lesser-used shades possible in the intimate category for men.
- The fabric has moderate strength but is soft to the skin and abrasion-resistant. Thus, it is a practical option to reduces sticking and squashing of the manhood during the day.
- The shrink-resistant material makes the underneath article durable, no matter how many times you wash it. Just make sure that you wash the rayon underwear with hand. Avoid clubbing it with other clothes in the washing machine.
Best wearing condition
- The lightweight fabric is an apt option to beat the heat of Summer. The thin material provides top-notch ventilation and keeps everything breezy down there.
- The material stretches easily, so, it is not a recommended option for all-day use.
- Moreover, it won’t provide the much-needed warmth during Winter.
Polyester includes naturally occurring chemicals. It is often blended with natural fibres such as cotton that helps bind the fibres together.
- Polyester provides a smooth and synthetic feel. The skivvies made of this material feels very soft against the skin of the wearer.
- The fabric is resistant to wrinkle, mildew as well as abrasion. This is why it is used in making men’s swimwear. The fabric keeps your package isolated and away from the body even when you are drenched.
- Polyester is extremely strong and does not stretch or shrink. Thus, these undergarments last longer than usual undies. Moreover, it can machine washed and dried.
Best wearing condition
- As mentioned above, it is an apt option for the bikini season. The swimsuit crafted in polyester will facilitate all sort of water adventures.
- The material has high absorbency, hence, it is not a recommended option for the hot season.
The smooth and soft texture of silk can give you a luxurious feel down there. A filament fibre formed from the protein secreted by silkworms is known for its shiny look, softness as well as insulating power.
- The silky feels and sleek style of the fabric make it a perfect material for making the novelty underwear. The extremely soft texture keeps the wearer comfortable.
- Insulation is a unique property of silk. It is very absorbent and not a good conductor of heat. It traps the heat and prevents it from leaving the clothing. Thus, it creates an insulating layer between the cloth and the body of the wearer.
- Silk is durable and has the greatest pull strength as compared to all the natural fibres.
Best for occasion
- As silk is a bad conductor of heat, thus, it is the perfect option for Winter. The insulating layer will prevent the heat from escaping the body and will keep you warm.
- Silk doesn’t provide as much support as cotton and other materials. Hence, it is not an apt option for all-day use. Keep these undies in reserve for special occasions.